Friday, November 5, 2010

The usual suspects

I spent most of September and October with a red pen in my left hand and a tired scowl on my face. Things have cleared up considerably, though, so here I am.

In books, I am currently working on Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon. I finally found a copy last week while on a trip for a workshop on frogs and expensive lab equipment with which to play with their anatomy. I can't get Michael Douglas' voice out of my head. He is my narrator. I also keep imagining Robert Downey Jr. as Terry Crabtree. Normally, this would be a bad thing, but who wouldn't enjoy Robert Downey Jr.'s face frequently popping into their head?

Also in books, it is currently J.K. Rowling Month on The Exchange. This gives us ample opportunity to obsess about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1).


New episodes are out. Supernatural has been giving me a headache, but I hold on for Dean's beautiful eyes. On the other hand, this season's Weekend at Bobby's (episode 4) was a gem. Also, was recently immersed in White Collar. Neal Caffery totally owns: his classic suits and devilish charm have disarmed me. I was desolate when I ran out of episodes.

I've been a little somber the past few weeks. My mind likes to make cocktails of random dark feelings. So as not to completely transform into a black hole, I have compiled a list of things that make me happy:
  • Lem and his campaign for POSITIVITY(!)
  • Good friends and the cake they bear
  • New books/ new old books
  • A laptop that can type the letters G and H, and also the number 3 (The keyboard on my two-year old Compaq is succumbing to overuse. Obviously I can't manage without an H. The word "the" alone would have to vanish from my vocabulary, and I happen to enjoy this particular article. Currently using Pa's laptop, which he has agreed to part with for a reasonable price.)
  • A clutter-free desk (I cleaned out my desk at school the other day. I spent hours feeding a paper shredder the spoils of last semester. It was vastly satisfying. Also, this paper will be recycled. So hurrah for the Earth!)
  • Slow mornings with the family
  • Dog
  • The Baguio cold
More happy things soon. Later.

4 seen below:

Feliz Perez said...

Yay. I'm glad you're back. And the word verification I got for this comment is a bright red SULAT. How apt. :)

kubiyat said...

Hi Fi! How is you? Your comments make me happy hihi :)

Feliz Perez said...

REBRASIT! That's my word verification today. I feel like refreshing until I get one I like. Hahaha! I'm okay. Surviving the weird city again. I'm sad we didn't get to see each other over sembreak. I was just holed up in the bookshop. Heehee.

kubiyat said...

Kaya nga e. I think I spent most of sem break checking. And whatever was left of it, I spent in a confused daze.

I send you the November cold and clear skies to help you conquer the weird city :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...